Subject: iriver 320 Rockbox bookmark problem

iriver 320 Rockbox bookmark problem

From: Paul Hopewell <hopewell_at_hopewell.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:22:52 -0000

Hello,
I am having problems with an interaqction between bookmarks and fast forward
/ rewind on the iriver 320, and wonder if it is a bug.
I mostly use my iriver 320 to listen to audio books, some of which are large
MP3 files of up to 100 MB per track (they are audible format 4 books
converted to MP3 via Goldwave). I am using the version of rockbox dated 4
October 2006.
The problem is that fast rewind and fast forward do not work properly after
I have restored a bookmark. Pressing either fast forward or fast rewind
seems to take me to a point close to the start of the track. This problem
only seems to happen when the restored bookmark points to a location well
into the track (i.e. 200 or more minutes from the start of the track). If I
restore a bookmark close to the start of a track then fast forward and fast
rewind work OK. If I start at the beginning of a track and press fast
forward to say 200 minutes into the track and then play the track normally
for a bitg and then try fast forward and fast rewind then fast forward and
fast rewind work OK (suggesting that the length of the track is not in
itself a problem). they only fail to work after restoring a bookmark which
points to a location well into the track.
Can anyone caste any light on why this is happening and what I can do to
avoid it. The only corrective action I can think of is to use Goldwaave to
split a 100 MB track into several smaller tracks.
Many thanks for your help.

Paul Hopewell
hopewell_at_hopewell.org.uk