Subject: Re: X5 Battery

Re: X5 Battery

From: Christian Schoepplein <>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:24:58 +0100

On Do, Dez 07, 2006 at 04:49:33 -0700, Brandon Hicks wrote:
>My X5's battery is acting up lately. It was at something like 60% this
>morning when I left for school. I used it for at most 2 hours, and it
>died on the way home on the bus. I'm playing OGG files and have the
>display turned down as low as possible, the EQ off and the drive set to
>shut down and sleep after 3 seconds. It didn't do this till recently,
>did I maybe accidentally screw up the battery by plugging it in at like
>50% or is it just random?

I use simmilar settings on my X5 with a daily snappshot of Rockbox from
October, can't remember the exact date :(.

Normaly it takes 15 hours or even longer till the battery is fully

If the behaviour does not change and your battery is decharged that fast
also in future, I'd say that there is something wrong with your
player. To get sure, I'll update Rockbox to the newest snappshot on my
X5 also and see, if I also have the same problems with the battery.

Christian Schoepplein <chris at>
Manage your communication:
Linux for the blind: