Subject: RE: two questions about Archos Recorder v1

RE: two questions about Archos Recorder v1

From: Stuart Lawler <stuart.lawler_at_visionline.ie>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:35:36 -0000

Hi Georg,

Re your recording question, you need, as well as a microphone, to have a Preamp, which essentially boosts the recording volume so that you can use the Archos's line-in as a microphone input.

I got mine via the Archos website, for about €30, but they are available anywhere really.

Even with the preamp though, the recording levels on the archos need to be almost at the very top level and with that I found my recordings still had quite a bit of hiss.

Regards,

Stuart.