Subject: Re: Which iPod?

Re: Which iPod?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 01:35:51 -0600

The iPod Nano Second generation has drastically different hardware in it.
From that perspective, it's a whole new MP3 player. They've also added an
additional hurdle of encrypting its firmware. There is a lot of work to be
done before a 2nd Generation Nano port can even really be considered to be
"started" let alone approaching any time soon. It would be unwise to get
expectant about them unless someone who owns one begins showing effort
toward producing such a port.