Subject: Re: SAPI4 and SAPI5 voices

Re: SAPI4 and SAPI5 voices

From: Jani Kinnunen <>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:36:05 +0200

What exactly was the error you got?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: daniel dalton
  Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 11:19 AM
  Subject: SAPI4 and SAPI5 voices

  I downloaded the ListVoices_SAPI4.vbs script and the ListVoices.vbs script.

  Then I ran a command prompt and changed to the folder I had these two files in. Then I typed the following.

  Cscript ListVoices.vbs

  This seem to give me the name of the 3 SAPI 5 voices on my system.

  Then I tried to find out the names of the SAPI 4 voices that I had on my system and to do this I typed the following.

  Cscript ListVoices_SAPI4.vbs

  I also tried typing

  Cscript.exe ListVoices_SAPI4.vbs

  But they both came up with an error.

  Does this mean I have no SAPI4 voices installed.

  Because the SAPI5 script seemed to work.

  All help greatly appreciated.

  Cheers Daniel

  skype daniel_3680.

  If you add me to skype or msn please send me an email telling me who you are.