Subject: Re: SAPI 4 voices

Re: SAPI 4 voices

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:00:46 +1000

daniel dalton wrote:
> 1 When I am using the makevoices.vbs script how do I adjust the speed of
> my SAPI4 voice that I am using to make my english.voice file?
If you download the latest version of makevoices.vbs from the
VoiceBuilding wiki page, search for the text:
tts.speed
If you uncomment that line, you can change the number as required.

> 3 How do I change the speed of my english.voice file which I create
> using the makevoices.vbs script?
Err... wasn't that question 1?

> 4 I want the quick menu to talk on my ipod so is there somewhere in the
> english.lang file that I can edit so the quick menu will talk once I
> have made my voice file using the makevoices.vbs script?
First, you have to edit the lang file before making the voice file if
you are going to edit it at all. Second, there is currently no way to
make the quick menu speak. This is something that needs to be
implemented in the Rockbox code. I had a look at this a while ago and it
seems that making that menu speak could be a bit complicated at best.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Email: jamie_at_jantrid.net