Subject: Re: Sansa

Re: Sansa

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:52:41 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Jon wrote:

PLEASE don't hijack a thread by replying to something else and changing
subject. Create a new mail for these cases.

And do trim your quotes to only quote relevant stuff (in your case that would
be nothing).

> When are you going to have something for Sansa E260?

We don't estimate (release) dates. We can't see into the future and we can't
really estimate when a volounteer will do a break-through.

Our problem right now is that the sound parts (and some further "stuff") of
the PP5024, while undocumented, seems to be pretty much an embedded
Austriamicrosystems AS3515.

Austriamicrosystems doesn't provide the data sheet to the public, and we've
had a hard time to request it although many of us have tried. I know one
person got it with no questions asked, one person got requested to sign an NDA
to get it, I got a phone call and had to answer why and for what purpose I
would want it and a few others never heard from then even many days since the
requests.

(and yeah, I realize that perhaps I'm reducing our chances even more by
mentioning the chip and company names in a public place such as this but we've
already tried the proper channels multiple times)

For full Sansa e200 progress tracking, read the Sansa e200 forum thread!