Subject: Re: to owners of 160 GB disks (and up), here's howto fully use it

Re: to owners of 160 GB disks (and up), here's howto fully use it

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:41:59 +0100

Re hiding partition:

> Yes, that's possible. Rockbox doesn't care about the partition
> id at all (as long as it's not 0x05 == extended partition), but
> simply tries to mount a partition as FAT32 (or FAT16 if that is
> enabled). There is also a special partition id for "hidden
> FAT32" which imho should be used here (0x1b instead of 0x0b, and
> 0x1c instead of 0x0c).

Thanks Jens, I've just tried and can confirm it's working. I've set the type of the 2nd partition to 0x1C and it doesn't appear any more. Of course you should only do so when you don't want to fill the partition externally any more, resp. when finally placed in the Archos.

_at_Christopher: how would you fit a 2.5" drive into an iRiver 140?

_at_Thomas: I got a Samsung HM160JC, very quiet drive. Even less noise than my Fujitsu, I thought this in impossible.