Subject: Blind IPod user needs help

Blind IPod user needs help

From: Sarai D. Bucciarelli <>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:02:54 -0500

Hi guys,
I'm not sure this went through. I'm not at my PC w/ the address book.
I received a 60 GB white IPod for Christmas. I'm installing Rockbox, but am
receiving errors at step 8 in the manual. I unzipped the font and the CVS
build to themain root of the player. I also put the english voice file in
the lang dirrectory. I downloaded the two files for my PC that are in the
c:\rockbox folder of my PC. I went to run then typed in cmd and pressed
enter. Typed in c:\rockbox, and got to that dirrectory.
Then I typed in ipodpatcher --scan
I was told it was device 1 or given the number 1. Then I made the backup by
typing ipodpatcher 1 -r bootpartition.bin
That went fine.
Then I typed in ipodpatcher 1 -a bootloader-ipodvideo.ipod
I got some kind of error saying failed to load bootloader. It recognizes it
as a FAT32 5 gen IPod video, and is in disk mode.
Help!? I followed all steps in the Rockbox manual. For other Blind users,
I'm using Jaws 8, and XP home.