Subject: Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 16, Issue 56

Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 16, Issue 56

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 23:51:37 +0100

On 1/2/07, Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com> wrote:
> Aah, someone else who feels exactly as I do about one liners.

Personally, I find it much more annoying to read mails that contain as
much or more quoted text than what the sender wrote of his own. Which
also includes fullquotes.

> Why do people feel it necessary to be damn right lazy and treat mailing
> lists as if it's some sort of instant messaging client, writing such
> bullcrap as, lol, or yes, or thanks?

Yeah, and why do people think it's ok to not use some conversation
culture in emails? The netiquette has some reason, and the compressed
quoting style is still the best, especially for mailing lists. I
really don't get (and most probably never will) why business guys are
that fond of fullquotes -- IMO they haven't understood how email works
and what references are ...

 - Dominik

PS: I'd vote for nominating the worst email of the month regularly ;-)