Subject: Re: New member

Re: New member

From: Estelita <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:28:03 -0000

Hi Bryan,
First of all I thanked you and to some who replied my message.
Actually, I’m still shopping around looking for the multimedia player and
found iAudio X5 that certainly will meet my needs, yet I’m not quite sure if
Rockbox speech software will work on it, and I don’t want to gamble as the
price is not joke, is quite high!
I pasted the features of this unit below in case you are interested to learn
about it.

iAudio X5 Features
MP3, OGG, WMA, ASF, FLAC, WAV, Moving Picture Playback, FM Radio Receiver
and Recording,
Voice Recording, Line-In Recording
TXT (Text), JPEG (Image) File Viewer (Image Enlargement, Background Screen
Built-In HDD (20GB/30GB/60GB), USB Host, File Copy/Delete
USB 2.0 Interface
260,000 Colors TFT-LCD, Resolution 160x128
Long Playback Time : Up to 14 hours playback (35 hours for iAUDIO X5L)
(Based on company's self-test, The playing time may be shortened according
to settings.)
Multi language support
Enhanced Integrated Navigator
Play/Pause, Recording/Pause While Recording
Next Song/Previous Song, Fast Forward/Rewind, Section Repeat
Resume, Fade-In, AutoPlay Features
Search Speed, Skip Speed Setup
Volume (Digital 40 Levels)
Various EQ and Sound Field Effects
-User-Adjustable 5-Band EQ
-Normal, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Vocal, User
-Supports BBE, Mach3Bass, MP Enhance, and 3D Surround.
Clock, Alarm, Timer Recording, Sleep Function, Power Saving Shut down.
Power, LCD On/Off, Hold Combined Switch
LCD Auto Off Time Adjustment, Brightness, and Contrast Adjustments
Easy Firmware Upgrade
Supports ID3V2, ID3V1, FileName
Device Information Verification
(Firmware version, HDD capacity, HDD volume, total folder number, total file
Supports MAC OS (Data transfer only)
Supports Linux v 2.2 or higher (Data transfer only)
-JetShell (File transfer, MP3/WMA/WAV/AUDIO CD PLAY, MP3 ENCODING)
-JetAudio (Integrated multimedia player software, music/video conversion
Playback format
MP3 : MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3, ~320kbps, ~48khz, mono/stereo
WMA(ASF) : ~256kbps, ~48khz, mono/stereo
OGG : ~q10, ~44.1khz, mono/stereo
FLAC : compression level 0-8 44.1khz, mono/stereo
WAV : ~48khz, 16bit, mono/stereo
Video File up to 160x128*
Hard disk (20GB/30GB/60GB)***
PC interface
USB 2.0 (Max. 480M bps)
USB Host (OTG) ****
Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery (Up tp 14 Hours Continuous
Power Supply
AC adapter DC 5.0V, 2A
Charging Time
Approximately 3 hours when using the AC power adaptor (6 hours for iAUDIO