Subject: keeping the info from iPodPatcher.exe

keeping the info from iPodPatcher.exe

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 22:35:22 -0600

Hello Fellow Blind Users, and maybe some of the sighted users,
I was having difficulties getting my Jaws Curser to read the results of the
screen in my CMD window in Windows XP, while I was searching for the device
name for flashing my iPod Video.
I have problems here because I don't have a number pad, and the keyboard
limits mhy navagation of the screen.
So I tried a command I remembered from my DOS days, and it still works.
Instead of:
c:\rockbox\ipodpatcher --scan
I added a command to write the info to a TXT file:
c:\rockbox\ipodpatcher --scan>iPodInfo.TXT
Note the greater than sign.
which wrote the scanned results to a file called:
c:\rockbox\iPodInfo.TXT
for later referencing.
HTH.
Glenn