Subject: RE: Firmware

RE: Firmware

From: Maslo Michael E <Michael.E.Maslo_at_irs.gov>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:47:57 -0600

Dominic:

Well I have reset the settings as you said by holding rec and booting
up. It did nothing. The rockbox menu is shown which I have verified by
sighted help. That went very well. I can move around in those menus
perfectly well.

However, as said in the last post, no voice is speaking. I do have the
english_voice file in the lang directory as you stated. I have the
Ms_Mary voice there. The file again is called english_voice.

However when I go into the menus and go to setting or where ever the
menu choice is for speaking menus it says "nee" and "jp or ja" something
like that.

What does this mean??

There is my problem.

I thought if I would install a different version of the iriver firmware
that it may fix the problem.

However again when I boot back to the irvier firmware itself I can't
get to the normal menus.

Again the only reason I was going to try that would be to install a
different version of the firmware. However no matter what I hit, the
menus will not pop up for me to change it.

That is where I am at. No voice in rockbox no matter what I do with the
weird thing in voice menu and can't upgrade firmware in the normal
iriver.

So your help is greatly appreciated or suggestions.