Subject: Re: Playback Speed/Pitch

Re: Playback Speed/Pitch

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:48:23 +0100

On 1/7/07, Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net> wrote:
> As a matter of fact, I was not at all confused. I am very well aware that
> 2% speed adjustment without altering pitch has not ever been possible.

That is good to hear, but what have you thought in this case about the
"2% thingy"? The OP asked about it in a way that implies it does time
stretching, which is wrong.

> There's no need to yell at the original poster; it was clearly just a
> misunderstanding and it in fact taught me another feature in Rockbox that I
> had no idea existed.

Where did I yell at the OP? I thold him to stop telling wrong facts. I
did that with some emphasis. I did that only once. Yelling is
different. I don't have any problem with him asking about it, I have a
problem when someone implies facts that are *clearly* wrong. And I
simply asked him (with emphasis, because it causes confusion in this
case) to stop telling wrong facts. The discussion got only heated up
by the mail of Rocker, who seemed to have completely misunderstood my
mail. If I'm trying to make things clear *for the users* I don't
accept my words and their meaning to be twisted around -- Rocker said
I told to not discuss a feature, which I didn't. Without that mail
there would have been no reason to argue about this -- I explained
what it is and what's its use in my first mail. Which could have been
enough to explain (also to you) what the "2% thingy" is for -- beat
matching. If you don't know that term feel free to ask the web. (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat-matching for example, seems like
it's written with a hyphen, so my spelling was a bit wrong. Doesn't
change the facts though.)

So, as I previously told what it is for and you asking again -- is
this confusion or not? If it's not confusion then why did you ask for
something I already explained?

And please stop full quoting. Thanks.

 - Dominik