Subject: RE: Resetting Rockbox

RE: Resetting Rockbox

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:03:47 -0000 (UTC)

All the instructions for how to start a recording are in the manual.

The reason we wrote a manual is so that people can read it and find out
how to do this stuff without asking on here all the time!!!

Sorry to be a bit harsh, and I'm not pickling on you specifically, it's
just that 50% of the traffic on here recently seems to be people asking
how to do stuff that is described perfectly adequately in the manual, in
the wiki, in the FAQ or on the website, and it seems to be hiding "real"
problems that peolpe are having with "background noise".

On the other hand, if it __ISN'T__ described perfectly adequately, then we
need to look at improving our documentation - is it adequately written,
and is it in the right place so people can find it.

--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted