Subject: In search of H300 help

In search of H300 help

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:34:12 -0600

Hello folks,

My girlfriend's H320 is acting very strangely. She updated to Sunday's daily
build of the firmware, and ever since her battery won't charge. Eventually,
the battery flat-lined and the machine has become mostly unresponsive. I
have tried everything I can think of, but so far have had no success. I
first connected the AC charger and pressed the play key to boot the player,
but nothing happened. Holding down the record button while powering on the
machine likewise will not boot the Iriver firmware. The only feedback I am
able to obtain, in fact, occurs when I connect the Iriver to my laptop via
the data port. The screen flashes on and off roughly every two seconds, but
otherwise nothing happens. No hard drive activity on the Iriver, and my
laptop does not acknowledge any conection. I'm pretty certain this machine
is a dud, but before I begin dismantling it I'd be very interested in any
feedback on the situation.

Warmest regards,

Steve