Subject: Re: new Ipod Rockbox user with some questions

Re: new Ipod Rockbox user with some questions

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:04:50 -1000

Hi Jason,

Here are a few answers:

1. some of the items on the menus don't appear to be speaking.
>Specifically, some of the items off the database menu. One that I
>noticed is the reinitialize command.
You may not have the most recent voice file. Several sites have
voice files; be sure to get the one with the most recent ones, as new
ones have to be made every time a new feature is added. Two good
sites to check are
http://www.ginfinity.com/rockbox/
and
http://steve-audio.net/rockbox/

>2. Is it possible to use the id3 database and have the categories
>spoken rather than spelled? For example, saying the word "artist"
>rather than spelling it out.
My understanding is that there's no way to make Rockbox speak things
in the database.

>3. When I pressed the stop button to stop playback, I had a difficult
>time getting speech to come back. Is there something specific that I
>need to press to make this work?
If you just press Stop, the player pauses and you don't have speech;
press this key again to resume playback. If you hold down Stop for
two seconds, the music stops and you are taken to the file browser
and have speech.

HTH,
Anna