Subject: Re: Question About Installing Rockbox

Re: Question About Installing Rockbox

From: David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:22:33 -0500

Keith Bundy wrote:
> I just received an IPod Nano and am attempting to install Rockbox. I
> am following the instructions given on the homepage of Brian Hartgens.
Brian Hartgens breifly mentions it, and it is mentioned on the Rockbox
pages he links to, but I just want to be sure - you are using a first
generation Nano? The second generation Nanos have an all metal body,
and do not work with Rockbox.

> I connected the Nano to the computer and had a sighted person set
> ITunes to enable to use as disk. I noticed that, when i found the
> Ipod in Windows Explorer, no music was shown - just calendar,
> contacts, and notes folders.
Itunes hides all the music it places on an iPod. Your music is buried
deep in a hidden folder called ipod control.