Subject: Choosing a player for recording

Choosing a player for recording

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <persistent.spam_at_thack.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:38:43 +0200

Hi

First I apologize, if this kind of questions are frequently asked. I took a
look at the list archives, but did not find an answer.

I consider buying a player supported by Rockbox, but am not sure which one to
get. My criteria:
- Supports speech at present (I'm yet another blind user)
- Device has line-in/mic plug and Rockbox supports (or will support in near
  future) recording to wav format from that device.

Recording quality is quite important for me, which means that internal mics
are out of scope. It seems that I have to choose between iAudio X5 and
iRiver h3xx (the H1xx series seem to be completely unavailable). But I don't
have any objective information about the differences of these units (and no
crystal clear information about Rockbox's stability on these devices).

I'm very greateful, if you can guide me. Thanks in advance.

--
Tapio