Subject: Re: Another etiquette question

Re: Another etiquette question

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:46:12 +0200

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 07:21:07AM -0500, Erin Chaves wrote:
> While we're pondering over list etiquette...
> What if we ask a question on list, and people respond to it.
> Is it acceptable list etiquette to post our regards on the Rockbox list,
> or should we contact the person or persons privately?

In my opinion: if you want to thank one person (or two) and your message
has no other content, post it privately. If you want to thank more guys
or you report that a problem that you had got resolved, then post to the

Rockbox-user is not such a high-traffic list, so it is probably not a
catastrophe if you post thanks to the list.

Also, what would be a better way to thank people who respond to questions
than answering other questions yourself.