Subject: Re: Alarm function on H320

Re: Alarm function on H320

From: victor rajewski <askvictor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:24:54 +1100

I wrote an updated plugin (I think the one in the norbusan build - I
use kosh's so I don't really know) which is a slight upgrade on the
orignial alarm plugin: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/6044

It worked when I compiled the lot from source. The way to use it is
you set the machine playing some music, then pause it, then start the
plugin. It will resume playing when the alarm ticks over (with
optional volume ramp-up).

I don't use it atm (lost interest and need for it a little while
back), and haven't really tested it much, so try it with a 'real'
alarm backup at least the first few times to make sure you wake up (I
was planning on using the ramp-up feature to gently wake me up over
half an hour, then a seperate 'real' alarm at the time I really need
to be up).

True alarm functionality was being implemented in the kernel while I
was writing this plugin, so I thought I'd wait till that was done
before continuing this further - any word on this, anyone?

vik