Subject: ipod stops playing every 20 seconds

ipod stops playing every 20 seconds

From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon_at_decoulon.ch>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 21:54:06 +0100

Hello,

I'm new to rockbox, and new to the iPod. I was actually never interrested in
the ipod because I wanted neither DRM nor mp3, but recently came across a
review of rockbox and got a second ipod (as far as I could find out 4th
generation, 30GB, color screen, rev 1.62 so this thing should be of the
color/photo species).
Installing Rockbox was easy and I get slowly used to the look and feel, but I
have one *big* problem and I'm trying to find out if this is rockbox related,
or ipod related, or a problem with my particular ipod:

When I listen to music, most of the time (I thing sometime it does not occur,
or not at once), every 18 seconds or so playing stops for about 1 second,
then goes on, as if the ipod was doing something else regularly.

Can anyone give a hint? I have looked at the archives of these last month, so
I hope I'm not asking a question that has been answered may time...

Thanks,

Thierry