Subject: Re: iPod 30gb

Re: iPod 30gb

From: Jean-Philippe Monteiro <>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:27:09 +0700

On Sunday 21 January 2007 03:13, Allen wrote:
> Hi, listers,
> I just bought an iPod Video 30gb. I saw that there is no current stable
> build.
> Would it be worth it to install the current daily build or are there some
> still some significant bugs or instability which would make it better to
> wait?
> Thanks
> Allen
Hi Allen

Confirmed: Video 30Gb very useable, install is flawless (Linux UBUNTU 6.06
laptop with USB2, nautilus file manager with Show Hidden Files enabled + not
more than 3 command-line jobs in the terminal).

I actually _never_ even used the original mac firmware, I installed rockbox
right after buying the device. true drag'N'drop files, full control over file
organisation + full control over LOOKS!

Only issue as of now is short in memory when diplaying heavy pictures while
music playback, otherwise, a very rewarding experience in the sometimes
frustrating OpenSource community.

Jean-Philippe Geek, maybe, but non-hacker, dumb user.

SuSE93 Linux Kernell KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8