Subject: trouble shutting off iPod

trouble shutting off iPod

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:06:19 -0600

I have an iPod video, 30 GB G5.
running Rockbox firmware:
Jan. 13-2007
but I don't suspect the firmware, as it had this problem with the Jan. 4
version too.
but when I safely remove it from my computer, it seems to be in the iPod
firmware, and I cannot shut it off.
The first time it happened, it was after unplugging it from a USB car
adapter for charging.
Then I re-flashed it, and updated it to the Jan. 13 firmware, and all was
well.
Actually, all was well after I flashed it, but I decided to update the
firmware at that time too.
But tonight, I plugged in my drive, and renamed the config001 file that I
had written from the menus, and I also ran the voicebox script, and after
that is when I had trouble shutting it off again.
I try holding down the 6 o'clock position, and the screen goes blank, but as
soon as I touch a button, it boots again, like it was only without a back
light, and it clicks around the touch pad, like it does in the iPod
firmware.
I cannot have sighted assistance for the screen, because the screen is
cracked.
I let it lay long enough that I thought it would shut off on its own, but
that did not help.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
and thanks to those who sent me the links for the anapod and iTunes
programs.
Glenn