Subject: Re: Blind user has question about playing files with iPod

Re: Blind user has question about playing files with iPod

From: Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:21:37 -0800

> Okay,
> I'm a little lost, what do you mean? I have brows files >chosen, not the
> Database. I just arrow to the file I want, is that what >you mean?
Put it this way. Sometimes it's helpful to not even know the key
assignments present in a player's original firmware. The PLAY button on the
side of my iriver H340, for example, isn't treated as a play button at
all -- it's a "pause/unpause" and resume key. And I believe it's a similar
thing on the Ipod. So here's what you should try: browse to the song you
want to play using the up/down arrows (and right/left arrows to open/close
folders). Then when you arrive on the song you want to play, press the
right button again. That should act like a play button.

Grant