Subject: Re: IAudio X5L joystick

Re: IAudio X5L joystick

From: David Bleakley <cool2bdave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:56:16 -0800 (PST)

Clement,

Yeah, that's pretty much what it does. Is there a possibility that Rockbox is causing this?

If the original firmware doesn't then yes. However if it occurs occasionally then Rockbox might accentuate the problem by being too sensitive to the buttons.
Go to the menu: info-debug-view i/o ports.
Check ADC_BUTTONS when moving the joystick. Each direction will have a different value, however particularly when releasing the displayed value changes to another value on its way back to the default FF.

If it is rockbox, It may be a key de-bounce issue or the sensitivity could be reduced by looking at several values and taking the most common one. eg Left 2E 2E 2F 2E would be taken as one press 2E ignoring the 2F. (I haven't looked at the code, so I may be completely out)

David

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html