Subject: Battery issues with Gigabeat F10

Battery issues with Gigabeat F10

From: Stephen Hueners <steve_at_juststeve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:43:33 -0600

Greets....first time poster here - sure do appreciate the efforts that folks
have put into this project!

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue...I've had my F10 a
year or so...it doesn't get a great deal of use much less extended playtime
that would discharge the battery very far. Since installing rockbox last
week I've have 2 occasions where the UR popped up a screen - a yellow frame
with rounded corners text = 'Battery Discharge' followed by a reset. Both
times the player _should have been near a full charge and play picked back
up after the reset.

And even after taking the player off the charger when the 'charging' icon
indicates the player's fully charged the display will show only 3/4 full.

I'm I supposed to be trying to fully discharge the player on occasion?

Thx
--steve...