Subject: RE: FW: [users] Slow Monday -- No Bots?

RE: FW: [users] Slow Monday -- No Bots?

From: Dave <>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:24:21 -0500

As an aside, I'm a bit perplexed by people who still have a problem with
spam. Isn't it fairly easy to get a "throw away" email address these days?
I set up this free Gmail account (and no, I don't work for Google ;-), which
I can access via a POP3 client, purely for the purposes of mailing lists and
other non-personal, non-work-related communication. Gmail neatly and
quietly throws all the spam I receive into a bulk folder, missing at most
one or two spam messages per month. I used to monitor the bulk folder for
non-spam messages from time to time, but stopped doing that when I never
found any.

I wholeheartedly encourage any effort to make spammers less effective, and I
think the battle against spam is important (personally I think it'll require
gov't regulation, but that's for another thread), but holy moly ... with
modern filters, spam shouldn't be filling up anybody's inbox. Just my two