Subject: Re: Shuffle on only _some_ directories? - Iriver h320

Re: Shuffle on only _some_ directories? - Iriver h320

From: Neon John <>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:05:22 -0500

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:38:44 +0000, "Adam Cripps" <>

>I have one directory called 'music' which I have all my music in. I
>have created a long playlist file with all this music which I can then
>listen to. I like to listen to my music in shuffle mode.
>I then have a directory called 'Podcasts' which I don't want to listen
>to in shuffle mode. I've not created a playlist for this directory,
>preferring to browse to the files and then play. However, when I play
>in this directory, it chooses randomly a file in that dir and plays
>that. I then have to shift forward until I get the track I want to
>hear. I don't want the shuffle feature on this directory.
>Apologies for the newbie-ness of this email, but is there a way of
>turning off shuffle for one dir/playlist whilst having it on for

Unfortunately, no. Several of us have been asking for that feature
for a long time but alas, it hasn't happened. My request, and what
I'm going to put in my private version, is to allow a playlist to
contain the name of a config file. If this file name is valid it is
executed, otherwise ignored. After execution, play resumes. More
than one config could be referenced in a playlist so, for instance,
you might want to play one album sequentially and shuffle another.

That would solve your problem but unfortunately, I have no idea when
or if that feature might make it into the official code.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN
Don't let your schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain