Subject: Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 12:00:53 -0000

You sure did. Only 5 days out of 7, there is an update to English.lang,
and with more and more users getting irivers, ipods, iaudio etc, I figured
that they could indeed join the main list, but the other list would be
hopefully, a place where questions that others might not care about, could
be answered.
For example, when I first got my Iriver, though I'd found some info on the
wiki about how to get the bootloader on etc, there was a slight problem.
The menu, down down right down 5 times approach didn't work. Oops, what am
I on about?
So things like that people here probably don't need to know and so it's just
yet another resource that may or may not come to pass. Honestly it's no big
deal. It's just something.
If you have the ability to see, you could and can, upgrade from the standard
bootloader to the rockbox bootloader in no time. If like me you live alone
and have been given quite conflicting instructions with regards how many
times to press the joystick or whatever, why clutter a list with such
things?
I strongly urge blind people to read the friggin manuals more but for things
that one just can't find in the manual, what better place than a mailing
list for help, and not this one especially if, as I've seen recently, blind
people cannot get something be it simple or difficult, to work?
Here comes 12 o'clock so lunch time.
my list isn't in any way, shape or form meant to take place of this list.
It isn't in any way, shape or form meant to be the first place blind people
turn too if they can't be bothered reading what's alreadyh out there, it's
just meant to be a second or third resource they can investigate should the
need arise, is all.