Subject: Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <spammi.helevetti_at_nbl.fi>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:28:03 +0200

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 11:28:30AM -0000, Onj wrote:
> hem, hem. You funny litle man you.
> I'm actually quite a power user, and it doesn't bother me whatsoever to
> bottom post, top post, middle or side post quite frankly, I am trying
> merely to be helpful.

Yes, it seems that you don't care. However, it is stated by the moderators
that top-posting is banned on this list, so please don't top-post on
rockbox-user.

> you've not been forced into joining, you will not be forced into joining,
> you have not been forced into joining, you are actually not joined. Is
> that good enough for you sir?

I really don't want to throw blind people out from this list. This list is for
rockbox users, blind and sighted. Blind peoples problems are a bit different
from those of sighted, but sighted people can in many situations help in
solving those problems more efficiently than other blind users.

> Considering I post updates to my voices regularly, I flatly refuse to waste
> time writing similar information most days to a list that doesn't need to
> know or doesn't care.

Everyone can go to http://www.tbrn.net/rockbox/ and see, if the voices have
been updated. If something has been changed dramatically, Rockbox community
will be interested about it.

> I don't even plan on answering ipod-related questions on the list, since I
> don't own one and never will. It's merely a place for sharing other made
> voice files, queeries for other such files perhaps with different engines,
> and that really is that.

As you see, nobody else has provided voice files to the public. Perhaps
everyone who provides voice files on their site can add a link to the Wiki. Or
those files might be hosted on rockbox.org.

> Since it's just a sub function of rockbox and not appropriate to a lot of
> users here, why waste their time to read?

I delete messages based on their subject, if they don't interest me.

--
Tapio