Subject: Re: New voices available

Re: New voices available

From: Erin Chaves <em_chalet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:37:35 -0500

Dennis wrote:
are you talking about the file names in the recording menu or in general.and
how are you exiting the recording screen.

Dennis, I'm talking about the recording options menu...where you find the
recording screen and the recording settings.
I was having some problems exiting the recording screen when I first
installed Rockbox a couple of months ago. I attempted to exit as it said to
do in the manual, and Rockbox got stuck in the recording screen.

I do apologize if I'm not technical or "precise" enough in my explanations
for some people. Like many people on here, I'm certainly not a programmer,
and I actually don't have time to worry about ridiculous things like top or
bottom posting. How many messages have I just read about this nonsense?
So, here's one more.
Andre, I see your justification for having a blind list. I don't see a
problem with having more than one rockbox list. I know many blind people
who don't know about Rockbox, and perhaps having a list for blind users
would be a way to get the info out to more people. I don't remember who
said it, as I've just read a thousand messages, but I agree that some of the
issues we have being blind and using Rockbox aren't going to be of any
interest to the sighted users.
And, as for people who ask questions without reading the manual, you find
goofy sighted people who do that same thing.

As for the whole top versus bottom posting, I'm blind, and I have no
problems arrowing down to the bottom of a message. If you want a quick way
to get to the bottom, press the control key and end key ('end' being the
middle bottom key in the little six pack...if you're using a standard US
keyboard.
Oops, guess I changed topics in this message. Oh well. This is ridiculous,
though, guys. Please...

Erin