Subject: Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:07:17 -0600

I think that blind people on this list make too much noise about themselves.
Some of them seem to think that they don't need to read the manual before
asking questions. I'm not saying that sighted ones are not doing the same,
but
it seems that blind ones are forgiven this.

* I agree, the Blind users seem to shamefully not read the manual. But in
all fairness, I have found it difficult to find a TXT manual that is
updated.

What comes to creating a separete list for blind users: I don't recommend
it,
nor would I join it (I'm blind also), because:
1. Such list would probably be full of questions like: "I'm blind, can I buy
   iPod and will it speak to me?"
2. There would't be many Rockbox experts who could answer more complicated
   questions.

* I also agree.
Glenn

--