Subject: Re: Email ettiquette (was RE: windows won't detect my ipod)

Re: Email ettiquette (was RE: windows won't detect my ipod)

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 16:06:43 -0500

Matthew Caron wrote:
>> For those of you who must use Outlook Express (and yes, it does make
>> sense for some people) I suggest looking at OE-QuoteFix, available here:
>
> Why would anyone choose Outlook Express over Thunderbird? I can see why
> people would use Outlook (calendar sync, etc.), but Outlook Express?
> What does it offer which Thunderbird lacks? (I'm genuinely interested).

I use Thunderbird myself, but some people just don't want to be bothered
installing an additional program, or perhaps they're using a shared
computer. I just thought it better to have a "fixed" OE that behaves
properly for those that choose (or are forced) to use it. I'll
evangelize about Firefox and Thunderbird to friends and family, but I'm
not going to do it in a public forum. The bottom versus top posting
debate is enough, thank you. =)

--
But vi really *is* better than emacs...