Subject: Re: Email ettiquette (was RE: windows won't detect my ipod)

Re: Email ettiquette (was RE: windows won't detect my ipod)

From: Nathan Hevenstone <jimmyrrpage_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:28:23 -0500

Okay. To put forth a few things:

1. I have read the rules a few times, but I missed the rule about
bottom-posting. For that, I apologize.

2. In-line posting is quite easy and convenient... if this were a non-email
message board forum, where that is the default when using the quotes
option. For me, my default is top-posting, because I use Gmail. That is
how Gmail is set up. And it is set up that way specifically because the
creators find it to be much more convenient. And in that, I agree.

3. In the end, as I said before, I'm reading a message for the reply, not
the original message I've read already, as I've already read it.

By default, I use top posting. In fact, this is the only emailing list I am
a member of that requires bottom-posting. One list requires top-posting,
and the rest I belong to don't care. It is so much easier reading email
with Gmail using top-posting than any other form.

However, to accommodate this list and to follow the rules, I will either
stop including the original message or use in-line posting from now on when
emailing here.

And if any of this comes across as sarcastic, you'll have to forgive me. I
just got through watching the latest episode of House, and I also am ready
to put my brother in the hospital for breaking my Led Zeppelin II vinyl...

--
See Me at my YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/jimmyRRpage