Subject: Re: Recording screen crash, again

Re: Recording screen crash, again

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 22:17:53 -0000

> And when exactly does the crash occur? Immediately upon entering the
> screen, when the backlight fades, when you start recording?

Your right. it's just annoying. It works fine one day, it works terribly
the next. During recording the volume turns up and down when I press left
and right so I figure it's actually attempting to do so, but as soon as I
hit stop, the hard drive makes this pathetic noise as if it's going to write
the data to disk like it would in a build that works, but the noise isn't
long enough based on lots of other recordings that I've made that have been
successfull, and then pressing stop again usually turns off the internal mic
or whatever source you're recording from and drops you back to the menu, so
it's there where the crash occurs.
At this point it's possible to play back whatever you just recorded but not
now, so usually i put in the USB cable to the PC and press play and for
whatever reason, it would reset the unit. With the changes made to today's
build, that is no longer possible so reset button has to be used instead.
It was a handy work-around, big shame it's gone away though.