Subject: Options in cfg files and Reading files and dirnames

Options in cfg files and Reading files and dirnames

From: Mat Mirabella <mat_mirabella_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 22:32:04 +1100 (EST)

Options in cfg files and Reading files and dirnames
All.

One thing I noticed about the new rockbox is that when you encounter a dir that does not have an associated talk clip, rockbox will not read anything. Whereas the old rockbox used to spell out dir names when there were no associated talk clips. I liked the idea of the system degrading to the next best thing. Is this new behaviour a bug or is it deliberate.

Also, I noticed that the cfg files do not have any more comment lines that give examples of the possible options. So, for example, I did not know what options were even available for the start-up screen, and realise that the options are either root or files, but I only know this from looking at emails on the list. Can all available options be placed into any cfg created by rockbox in comments so that when you are editing the file, you know what options are available?

Also, I am never sure whether an option is a yes/no or an on/off&#8230; In the player menus, often the option is shown as yes/no, but in the cfg file, lots are on/off/etc. Do we have any consistency happening here?

Mat.