Subject: RE: New bootloader for Ipods

RE: New bootloader for Ipods

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:01:41 -1000

Hi Hamish,

You wrote:
.I have a first gen Nano using the old bootloader that is working just fine with new versions of RB and I was just wondering if there were any advantages to formatting my Nano and then using the new Bootloader? Or should I just stick with the old adage if it aint broke dont fix it?
I couldn't play AAC files on my iPod, so someone suggested I install the new bootloader. This didn't help, but at least now we know the bootloader wasn't the issue. So I guess as long as everything's working, you can stick with the old bootloader, but if something goes wrong, it's good to install the new one because then it will be clear whether the problem is a bug or a result of the bootloader being old.

Cheers,
Anna