Subject: power down? USB connection question

power down? USB connection question

From: Tyler Wood <tcwood12_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 06:57:05 -0600

Hi,

I'm using ipod video 5 gen. In the manual, it tells me to hold play to power down the player; however this isn't working. Does it mean hold play and flick the hold switch? Also, how do I plug the unit into the pc? I'll get unrecognized device, then, sometime or another, it will connect. It always seem to connect randomly, and disconnect in the same way, so, this really isn't great for copying 15.5 gb of music- I got 5 percent through and it disconnected on me. Not to mention, I've got charging during USB connection turned on, so that shouldn't be a problem. Should the player be powered down? powered on when I connect? Maybe I should have it in disc mode?

thanks
Have a good day
- Tyler Wood

---
Tyler Wood
skype: the_conman283
msn/windows messinger: the_conman283_at_hotmail.com
e-mail: tcwood12_at_shaw.ca
best tv guide on the internet:
http://www.zap2it.com
best internet radio: