Subject: Re: Voice file updates

Re: Voice file updates

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:03:09 +0100

Stephen Clower wrote:
> Actually, for what ever reason, it is. I have installed fresh builds
> utilizing the new menu structure and dropped an english.voice into
> .rockbox/langs before the first boot, but no voice.

I have a hard time believing that this has anything to do with the new
menu. It could, however, have something to do with the file-based
configuration system we introduced a while ago.

My guess is that for some reason, a "talk menu: off" has snuck into the
config file. I have yet to figure out how that could happen.