Subject: Re: power down? USB connection question

Re: power down? USB connection question

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 21:35:18 -1000

At 12:21 PM 3/7/2007, Tyler wrote:
>How do I revert to apple firmware; I've heard holding select plus
>menu, and switching the hold switch to on? Or does that reset the
>player to defaults?
Hi Tyler,

It depends which bootloader you are using. If you're using the old
one (the one where you type commands at the DOS prompt) you shut down
the player, then hold down Menu for about 10 seconds. With the new
bootloader, you press Menu to turn on your player, but you
immediately turn Hold on. Wait a while, then turn it off. As I
understand it, if you wait a little longer to turn Hold on, until
after Rockbox has started to load, the iPod will boot to the Rockbox
firmware, and your player's settings will be reset to the default ones.

HTH,
Anna