Subject: Re: AAC still broken

Re: AAC still broken

From: Woody Anna Dresner <>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:32:20 -1000

> > I just installed the March 7 daily build and Andre's March 7 Kate
> > voice, and I still get "Data abort" if I try to play an AAC file. Is
> > anyone else having this problem? I switched to the then latest
> > version of the bootloader on March 5; changing to the more recent one
> > wouldn't help, would it?
>It very much sounds like your bootloader upgrade didn't work. I'm not an
>iPod user, though, so maybe someone else could help out here.
>Steve B

I'm pretty sure the bootloader installed successfully. Before I
installed it, I completely uninstalled the old bootloader by going
back to the Apple firmware. Now that I have installed it, I can boot
into Rockbox. Also, if I turn Hold on just after turning on the
iPod, it boots to the Apple firmware, just as the directions say
should happen with the new bootloader. I'll be glad to try again if
you think it might help, though.