Subject: Re: Help For Blind Rockbox User

Re: Help For Blind Rockbox User

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 00:01:40 +0200

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 04:13:37PM -0500, TJ Olsen wrote:
>Scott Rumery wrote:
>> Hello, I am a blind Rockbox user and I am having a lot of trouble getting
>> my iRiver H320 to work with todays build. I cannot seem to get my voice
>> settings to work with this build. Can someone on the list let me know how
>> to do this?
> you go to and look for a manual which will tell you with no shortage of detail how perciesly you are to do this

TJ Olsen, please don't top-post.
Scott, there are currently some some hassle, because of the new root menu
system. The only voice files that will work are those available at I use these with iRiver H340 and a current build
from today, and I only manage to get some of these voice files to work (Reed
for example), but VW Kate, Celp.Lawrence and Synthetic Dave at least don't
work for me. There seems to be a nasty bug. I'm trying to figure out, what is
going on. If you experience the same problems as I, try all other voices, or
file a bug report (if not already done).