Subject: Some main menu item don't speak with Iaudio X5 60GB

Some main menu item don't speak with Iaudio X5 60GB

From: Rich <richtone_at_vnet.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:30:51 -0500

Greetings all,

I just acquired a new Iaudio X5 60 GB player.
I've successfully installed and used talking Rockbox with a couple of Archos players for several years now so I've worked through the installation process a number of times.

I carefully followed the directions for downloading and installing the boot loader and the daily build of rockbox for the X5.
Boot loader: x5_fw.bin
Daily build: As of early this morning, March 9 2007.

Upon starting up the X5, it powers up but doesn't speak initially as I would predict. Arrowing up and down it does speak but only 6 of the 9 main menu items. The first, third and fourth main menu items don't speak. It does seem to perform it's other functions correctly such as speaking the voice clip files for folders and file names, it plays MP3's and the FM radio fine.

I understand it needs the newer voice files. I downloaded and installed new english.voice files for it and get the same results with english_MSMary_cvs and english_Reed_fast_cvs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gratefully,

Richard
***