Subject: Re: X5's joystick filtering

Re: X5's joystick filtering

From: Nicolas GIF <nicolas.gif_at_free.fr>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:01:55 +0100

I answered in your post.

David Bleakley a écrit :

>>Nicolas GIF
>>The filtering reduce the problem. But I'm still having bounces quite
>>often on my X5 :-(
>
> Can you see the hex button values cross the boundries for a particular
> button set in my last email?
> How much of the time is it crossing the boundries?
> (Its not so clear on the mailing archive as the tab and new lines have
> been removed)

It's moving really fast. For my down button (0xB6-0xD2) I've never seen
values that attains 0xE0, and it never goes lower than 0xC8 (0xC8 is the
good value for down).

> I suppose the debounce could use 3 values, to determine whether a
> button was pressed.

Yes, or more. I was thinking about an array to be more flexible and then
return the average of the values inside. Or even validate the average
only if max(array)-min(array) < thereshold.