Subject: Re: English.lang: Certain menu items not voiced

Re: English.lang: Certain menu items not voiced

From: Rich <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:18:21 -0500

On Monday, March 12, 2007 10:36 AM, "Onj" <onj_at_AndreLouis.COM> stated:

> Apart from me feeling stupid and not knowing how to
> edit the english.lang and not bothering devs, I did try to
> do this before contacting anyone then remade some
> voices but it didn't do a thing. Anyone have any ideas
> what I did wrong?

Dear Andre,

I think you stepped in the same hole I did last week trying to get my new
Iaudio X5 up and running.

I think the english.voice file you have installed is too old. You need to
be sure to get a voice file that was created more recently. I eventually
had good luck with Kate built on Mar 7, 2007.

Go to the link below , scrutinize dates, get something new and it'll
probably make your menus fully verbose.

Good luck,

Download zip files containing english.voice files at: