Subject: Installing bootloader on X5

Installing bootloader on X5

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <spammi.helevetti_at_nbl.fi>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:01:19 +0200

Hi

My wife bought an iAudio X5 from US (lower pricethan in Finland). We're going
to install Rockbox on it, but... The included power supply is of course the US
version, which doesn't quite work in Europe. The manual says that after
copying the bootloader to the device, the charger must be plugged, so that
the unit flashes itself. Is it possible to flash without the charger? I can
also use a generic power supply, if necessary, but I don't know about the
output voltage of the Cowon charger.

Thanks for responses!

--
Tapio