Subject: Re: English.lang: Certain menu items not voiced

Re: English.lang: Certain menu items not voiced

From: Rich <richtone_at_vnet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:23:24 -0500

On Monday, March 12, 2007 11:29 AM, "Onj" <onj_at_AndreLouis.COM> stated:

> I wish it were that simple but alas it is not to be. If I
> make the voices and submit them which I do regularly
> with a broken English.lang then you, the users of my
> voices will have the same issues.

> Are you unable to replicate the missing menu items I have found?

---
Dear Andre, the same Andre who created the Kate english.voice which is
working like a champ on my Iaudio X5, and thank you for that by the way...
Sorry Andre, Steve and others, I acknowledge splattered egg on my face.
I experience the same missing spoken menu items symptoms you described Andre
on a recent build of Rockbox on an Iaudio X5 with english.voice files
created last year. Yes, probably some of the ones you built.
When I installed your Kate english.voice, built on March 7, 2007, all of my
unspoken menu problems went away.  My menus are now fully verbose.  Your
Kate english.voice is working fine.  Seems like there is an important clue
here.
No Steve, when I first responded to Andre, I had not yet made the connection
who he was.  He kindly brought me up to speed.
Good luck.
Richard
***