Subject: blind installing on a Video

blind installing on a Video

From: CB <cnoc_at_wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:07:39 -0500

Hi all,

I am a blind user trying to install onto a Ipod Video and seem to need a
little help. I am a current
Rockbox user but I own a iriver 120. I am installing on the Ipod for a
friend. I have read all instructions and feel confident I can do this.

1. i read that you must format the Ipod as Phat32. this Ipod was
originally set up on a Mac so I need to do this. I read that if you just
open Itunes up on any Windows PC it would right away ask you if you want to
convert the device. This is not happening for me.

2. Problem 1 could be because I am not sure if I am in disc mode or not. I
read that you need to hold down the menu and select key until the player
resets and then hold down the same key combo. I am a bit confused here. I
hold down the key combo and the screen goes black. I then let go and I see
a black screen with a graphic or something in the middle. I then am holding
down the key combo again until I see the screen go white. I am not sure if
this is correct or not. Under Windows Explorer I see a new drive called,
removable e, but it is raw and shows 0 bites for everything.

I am pretty sure if I can get help getting it into disc mode and then
converting it to phat32, I should be fine from there.

Sorry for all the rambling. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

CB