Subject: Re: blind installing on a Video

Re: blind installing on a Video

From: CB <cnoc_at_wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:07:31 -0500

From: "Tyler Wood" <tcwood12_at_shaw.ca>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:39 PM

> From my understanding, you can use windows explorer to format the ipod, if
> I'm not mistaken.
>
> Go to rockbox.org, and to the t wiki page--there's a place for ipod
> instalation instructions, which are much, much easier than before, thanks
> to the new ipodpatcher. To instal rockbox on the ipod, connect the ipod to
> the computer when it is in fat 32 mode- it should default to disc mode,
> btw.
> Than, run the ipodpatcher.exe file, when it asks you if you want to
> instal, press i, than, enter- than, it should be installed. Safely remove
> hardware (in the task tray), select apple ipod, tab a few times; press
> space on the stop button. Now, Press enter on ok. Be sure to do this-
> trust me, I've had 2 attempts fail on me because I used an old bootloader-
> so, if I'm not being clear, please tell me. I'm blind myself- but, thanks
> to david, ipodpatcher is easier to use. You used to have to use the
> command prompt.

I have read all the directions and feel quite confident I can do this. the
problem I am having is converting to phat 32. If I can do it with widnows
Explorer, I will do that. this is not my player so I did not want to go and
try things that are not recommended. I was not sure if it is ok to erase
everything on the player.
 Anyway to know for sure that I am in disc mode besides seeing it on the LCD
screen?